How to Apply
Discover More at Leapnow.org
Our application process is designed to help you decide if LEAPYEAR is the right next
step for you, and to allow us to get a good sense of who you are. Take your time with
the online application and be honest, but don't worry too much about making it perfect.
We just want to get to know you! If you have questions at any point, feel free to reach out to our office.
Here's how to apply and what you can expect from the application process:
- The LEAPYEAR Application is Online. Click the link above to be taken to the application
on the Naropa University website. If you are planning to do the program on a not-for-credit
basis, or as a way to complete high school, contact our office to receive the correct
- Please note that there is a $50 application fee. If this is a financial hardship
for you, there is a simple way on the Naropa website to get an application fee waiver.
- We are now accepting applications for Fall 2018. LEAPYEAR accepts applications on
a rolling basis, and we accept applications until the program is full. LEAPYEAR is
generally full by about the end of June, so don't delay in getting your application
- Once your completed application is received, we will contact you via phone or email
to schedule an interview.
- After your interview, you can expect to receive an admissions decision within one
Program Eligibility and Admissions Requirements
- Students must be at least 17 by the start of the program, no exceptions. Maximum age
- You must be able to attend the full program.
- Participants must be able to show proof of graduation or equivalent in order to enroll
for college credit and FAFSA financial aid. LEAPYEAR may also be attended for high school completion. Previous college experience is welcome, and not uncommon.
- We do not accept anyone in the active grip of an addiction, including tobacco users.
- No previous language proficiency is required.
- Anyone in reasonable physical condition should be able to complete the program successfully.
- A vegetarian diet can be sustained throughout the program, more specialized diets
must be discussed during your interview.