Apply for the Lenz Fellowship
The application period for the 2019-2020 Frederick P. Lenz Foundation Residential
Fellowship for Buddhist Studies and American Culture and Values is now closed.
How do I apply for the Lenz Foundation Fellowship?
There is no application form. Applicants are asked to provide a cover letter not exceeding
four single-spaced pages detailing the following:
- Proposed project on the theme, Buddhism and American Culture & Values, including timeline
and anticipated final product.
- Prior education, professional work and accomplishments that lay the foundation for
the proposed project.
- Applicant’s prior study and/or involvement in meditation or other contemplative practice.
- Proposed plan of study while on the Naropa University campus, detailing courses, faculty,
centers, etc., with which the applicant wishes to affiliate.
- Proposed lecture, teaching, workshop or other professional offering to the campus
while in residency.
- Budget request, including estimates for travel to/from Boulder, and other sources
of funding during the Fellowship residency.
- For our own research, we would greatly appreciate if you could include how you found
out about this opportunity.
Applicants must also include:
- A detailed resume, curriculum vitae or professional biography.
- For individuals on sabbatical or other leave from another institution, a letter of
support from the applicant’s direct supervisor is required, including a statement
about any sources of funding for the proposed leave. Independent scholars, artists
and activists should include a letter from a colleague familiar with their work discussing
the merits of the proposal.
- Please note that only citizens and permanent residents of the United States are eligible for the Fellowship
Hard Copy Applications should be postmarked no later than January 14, 2019, and mailed to:
Lenz Residential Fellowship Program
Office of Academic Affairs
2130 Arapahoe Avenue
Boulder, CO 80302
Email applications are also accepted. All materials should be sent to Gillian Pierce,
Lenz Graduate Assistant, no later than January 14, 2019 at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please contact ProvostExecAsst@naropa.edu.